Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The wait is over…

I’ve wanted to write that for a long time now. However it’s not until today (or yesterday, the 30th of Oct) that it became true. Finally, after much waiting and (to my shame) worrying, my visa has come. What a relief! Lol, yes, I was slightly shaken for a while and if you think that’s weak… I challenge you to wait for something which you really want for 2 months without knowing when it’s going to come or even if. It’s not a pleasant feeling. It would be mentally akin to being a PoW waiting for the war to end. Of course I’m not saying I’m in any where close to a similar situation, as always I’m merely exaggerating to garner more sympathy. I’m sure you get my drift though.

Anyway, random rambling aside.

Yes, around 1 pm today, I was informed, via e-mail, that the Visa had been approved in HK. Even now it should be en route to me in Melbourne via Fed Ex (I think). Thus my departure date is on the night of the 8th of Nov. I won’t say when on-line. However if you want to catch up with me, feel free to give me a call/SMS/e-mail/comment and make a booking. Spots are limited, so hurry to save a place. (No I’m not really that popular, I just want to get a chance to catch up with everyone before I go.)

Apart from that, there’s nothing really to say. I’ll start packing tomorrow, I will be stopping over in Malaysia for half a day… um … I’ll be buying a camera in HK so you can all see pretty pictures of what my apartment looks like?

I really don’t know, I’ll be choosing on over there.

Anyway, just letting you all know what’s happening. Soon I’ll have a more indepth update on any further goings on.

Ps. Please comment, it would be greatly appreciated if I knew how many people were reading. It would give me more incentive to write more! I’ve even turned on Anonymous commenting… although it might drive me insane.

4 comments:

Mil said...

That's fantastic news! *slaps Josh on the back* Did you do a little victory dance or run around the house screaming? ;)

Finally no more, "Shouldn't you be gone by now?" or "What are *you* still doing in Melbourne?" hehehe - just joking!

Do you have an exact date for when you leave?

And yes, count me in as a member of your fan base who regularly checks your blog but is far too lazy to leave a comment.

sarliche said...

*comments just cus Josh asked*

yay! Watch out HK... Josh is on the way!

double yay for lunch tomorrow =)

iceangelic said...

It is remarkably tempting to make this an anonymous comment... but I shan't because I would prefer to drive you insane in person ;)

I remain a loyal fan of yours, but please don't feel bad if I don't leave signs of my presence - I'm as usual at least two months behind my email and message replying!

HK can't wait for you to get there too! :)

Anonymous said...

wOOt! hehe.. finally i can post!! Reali wish you a fulfilling, God-driven trip~ See you in HK, dude! TIFF.