Saturday, September 22, 2007

Explainations and Salutations

I knew my house could fit 50 people easily, see? No sweat what so ever!

Random Though: It's funny how people come together for a night, hanging out and talking with one another... then go home, back to their own seperate lives... to briefly intersect with one another for but a moment, and then flitter back off onto their path.

Anyway.

So I had a going away party... although I really don't know what date I'm heading off yet (a rather frustrating place to be, let me tell you!) and it was quite big... around 50 people turned up (which was strangely the number of people I predicted...) and had a great time of food, fellowship and listening to Josh speak as he was getting consistantly heckled.

In case you missed it, I had my going away party now because I originally thought that I would be heading off tomorrow night. However due to Visa issues, I can't. So I changed the purpose of the night to explain why I'm going and answer some questions. Thus telling everyone all at once what's happening. Also it was good to see some people who I haven't seen for quite some time.

It was really amazing the feelings that your friends elicit when you know that you don't have that much longer with them... the strength of what you normally feel is magnified. If I could encapsulate and materialize the emotions that each and every one of my friends stir in my heart, it would be a substance that could bring World Peace and end poverty. I guess it's a pretty crazy feeling. Just being in a house filled with people I love and who I know love me; it was really awesome... beyond cool... fully sick... uber l33t. Whatever culture or vernacular that you follow, it was good.

So all in all it was a really great night. Lots of good byes ... on the more then likely chance that I wouldn't have a good oppurtunity to say a proper farewell in the months ahead. More then anything I pray that I would be able to leave soon... tho in God's timing... but it will still be sad to leave my friends behind. I don't think I realized until tonight just how hard it would be... especially to leave those that are closest to my heart and life.

I guess... as I told one of my LG members a couples days ago... God puts friends in your life for a season or for seasons... to grow you... to impart into you... and for you impart into them. Friends come and go... but never base your own self worth... your value in God... your own ability... or your faith... on your friends or those around you.

To all of you from Melbourne... I will miss you heaps; more then I could or would ever say or show being an Asian guy. I love you all. God bless.

And yes... I will still be around for at least another 2 weeks... probably for another month lol.

1 comment:

~michi~ said...

you do realise though, that it isn't really "good bye", but more a "see you later", right?

mmm... Mil's brownie tastes gooood!!!