Friday, April 18, 2008

Limits

You know, everyone has their limits. A point at which something becomes more then you can bear... or less then some imaginary marker. Some can be stated, like the grade on a child's report card. Some be determined, like the point before which it rains, or before a typhoon becomes T8. Some... are felt in the heart... and it can cause the destruction of very worlds.

You know, I always enjoyed Final Fantasy 7, but I found it rather funny that after they got hit a certain numbers of times, they would "Limit Break" which was usually a massively powerful attack that normally multiplied their standard attack by a certain amount the higher the level they got. Cloud's limit break was Omnislash...



Looks better here though.



It's different in the real world though, cause with people hit that limit... they don't use their powers for good, in the aid of a global fight save humanity. Usually they crumple in despair, retreat into their shell, or get angry and hurt people.

I wonder what will happen when I reach my limit. It's been a long time since I have... but I think there is still so much further for me to grow and thus a lot of molding yet to come. =) Maybe I'm looking forward to it =D If anything it means that I'll be even COOLER than I am now! Woot!

By fire and water, through blood and new life, for the glory of the Father... Amen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even Omnislash is destructive. It is an attack itself but is used to defend something by destroying whatever is threatening it. In the real world it is the same. How we preserve things just happens to be different. Either by creating a shell that will not touch what we value (either by hiding what they truly value and letting the rest handle the blows, i.e crumpling in despair, or by avoiding the damage, retreating into their shell, which reminds my of Edward from FFIV) or by fending off the threat (the example of "get angry and hurt people"). Desperation is more guided than just having limits broken.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.