Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Thought Blog...

So... I've got a lot of thoughts running through my mind... and I thought I'd spill a few of them onto paper (so to speak), hopefully allowing me to process what's up..

Well it's not really a lot... maybe I just feel like there's a lot going out... but I'm also standing still. Honestly sometimes I wonder if the whole world revolves around me... but then I realize that to every person, the world does indeed centre on them, because it's not possible to see things from another's eyes. You know, that might be one of the reasons that God is God... his omniscience gives him rather unique insight into other people's hearts, wouldn't you say?

I've also been thinking about my writing... and why I like to write... whether I'm good at it, if there is any purpose to this pursuit... They say that most bloggers are aspiring authors, and I suppose to a large degree that's probably right. I guess I am. I'd love to write for a living... and I honestly believe that given the right amount of expertise in a subject, a bit of coaching and a massive move of God... I'd be decent at it. Like say... if you wanted me to write an article on Starcraft... I'd be pretty decent at that... but ask me to write about the latest fashion... LOL.

What else...

Purpose, destiny... the rather crazy pace of my life... been thinking about those a lot too. My future here in HK... what I'm missing back home...the vastness of the world... the smallness of a single person... the infinity of God.

Lately there's been the changes in my social life... in the boundaries surrounding how I relate to people (namely girls :P) and the various cool people (mostly guys) who I've been privileged to meet over the last couple of weeks.

I've even been thinking about how I seem to write with more sophistication and eloquence than I talk... possibly because I have more time to think... or maybe I'm just used to it. Perhaps that's the same with everyone... because we're conditioned to speak in slang and write in full sentences (or at least I am).

Pondering loneliness too... and the hunger of the human soul for company...

*Sigh... I reckon I won't sleep tonight... I'm thinking too much. Even so... I know that I shall dream as the night continues one, fading in between a fitful consciouses and a troubled slumber; then wake up tomorrow morning and it will be as if nothing happened... like I hadn't been thinking about these things. Only this blog will give any evidence of this inner turmoil...

Am I poetic or what? :P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Soul Cravings"! That's it...check out Mark's blog links to Erwin's cool site http://markconner.typepad.com/catch_the_wind/2008/05/erwin-mcmanus.html or get his book. You'll like it.
Auntie Mei

Anonymous said...

That last paragraph of yours reminds me of Mr Anon, whom I haven't heard from in months...

Wonder if it has anything to do with the girl in his life...

Erwin McManus, Tony Campolo, Paul Scanlon...

*rambles on*... email to come =)