Tuesday, June 24, 2008

All better now

Thanks to everyone who left comments and prayed, or who even bothered to check up on me when they heard the news, I'm doing heaps better, and I'm very thankful that God is continuing to do more and more things in my life. I suppose I'm a living testimony that it can be incredibly painful, but most rewarding, when one prayerfully asks God to break him down so that He can conform one to HIS Son.

Anyway, just a quick update on additional things. Life, apart from the bug bite, has been most amazing. For some reason I'm not running out of money (yet all my calculations show that I should be). My youth have really shown me that their walk with God is becoming more and more personal, which is definitely something that brings massive joy to my heart. After that's my greatest desire for them during my time here, whether or not I have anything to do with it. Ultimately I've learned that I have really very little to offer, except my life to a Heavenly Father, and through His will and power, by His grace, my small contribution can change lives.

My relationships over here have... well I can't really describe it. They haven't changed, so much as grown along with my personal growth... which is really where I'd have to admit that I've seen the greatest shift in my life. I mean if I was just to list a few of the changes off the top of my head... greater understanding of my need for God's grace, subsequent humility, confidence that He can do all that he's promised, a renewed desire to study and feed on God's Word, an all round better understanding of the Bible, a greater awareness of how I can come across is a negative way, a MUCH greater trust in God's perfect will and plan... and the list just keeps growing. (Much like me lol)

I honestly have no idea of what to expect from the next 6 months, nor from the next year... which is a far cry from the young man who left Melbourne with a very clear plan of what he wanted to accomplish and why he was taking this step. When I left, I was a boy who loved to strategize, to remain in control while brazenly asking God for directions and nothing more. Now I'm on my way to becoming a man who simply let's God drive, while I sit in the back, ready to pump gas, clean the windows or merely wait for Him to speak, whatever He wants me to do. I can honestly say that I've never felt so much peace about the things that are happening in my life... whether in my current locale or in my position at the moment.

In all things I know that God can work all things for the good of those who love Him, those called according to His good, pleasing and perfect will. That though I was dust, an enemy of our all powerful God, He still chose to redeem me... and now I praise Him, for the grace that he has given, and because He is worthy to be praised!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

=)

wheeee!!!