Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Bug bites?

So I went for lunch with a friend at HKU yesterday, and while lining up, I felt something crawl along my neck... I felt, and grabbed something squishy... and immediately brushed it off (and freaked out a bit). It was a really thick worm like thing (my friend reckoned it was a caterpillar) and it writhed around a bit... but I didn't really care...

So after lunch, started getting itchy and red around my neck... but I thought it was sunburn, since I'd gone to the beach yesterday...

Anyway, by 10-11 PM it had gotten worse... my whole neck area was swollen and looked like it had a rash... and so I tried to find some anti-histamines from a shop... but they were all closed... got some tablets for cold and flu...

Went to bed, woke up at 5 AM with my neck on fire... went to the mirror and saw this.





So I went to the hospital at 6 am... and they gave me some tablets that don't feel like they are doing anything. The itching is getting worse and the hives are spreading down my stomach (they are already on my arms). My neck feels really weird when I wash it... and yeah...

As such, would appreciate much prayer...

I hate bugs!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

praying for you...straight away! was it a hairy caterpillar like those we see in Malaysia...very painful indeed...make sure u go straight to hospital if breathing is affected for any sort of allergic situations...take panadol for painful rash if it is affecting ur sleep tonight...cold pack over affected area helps too.
Thank YOU JESUS for healing Joshua.

auntie mei

Anonymous said...

Awww... it's quite shocking to know >,< hope it's getting better now. will be praying for you. take care buddy. Cheers, Sammi

sarliche said...

There you go, some advice from a nurse too ;o)

Praying it clears up ASAP!

Perfefanie said...

haha
i'm going to be anal and point out that your clock does not correlate with you 5am wake up

hope you're better joshuaaaa :(

prob a bit late now
but yes
trouble breathing, swallowing...or generally feeling tight in the upper throat....get yourself to ED!
haha

Tiffany said...

Oh my gosh, Josh!!! It really was bad!!! I can't believe how bad your bites look :S Glad you really are all better now! Stay away from the caterpillars la!

Anonymous said...

dude..that's bad..hope its ok now...

N (sorry can't remember my login and stuff nor do i acutally check my blog no more ;) )