Wednesday, August 6, 2008

... now it hits me

For the 1st week, almost half way through the 2nd, I was fairly good. I wasn't missing China, I wasn't lonely, I didn't have a massive craving to go back to Du An and ride a Tuk Tuk... I thought to myself 'hey! I've gotten better at this whole re-entry thing'.

*sigh

It's all Dan's fault! (I'm actually not joking, but I don't blame him lol). He made me compile a massive album, between his camera and mine. Looking over the photos, remembering the emotions and PEOPLE who are represented by these 2 dimensional squares of color... it's... heart wrenching to be separated I think.

Especially the AAREY/CNEC photos...those two really got me.

I miss the times we had, the fun games we played
I miss the songs we sang, the places that we stayed
I miss the hearts of people, actually changing the world
I miss the smiles of our students, every boy and every girl

I miss the colors, those yellow and blue shirts
I miss the tuk tuks, bikes covered in dirt
I miss the freedom, being always with friends
I miss the sharing, and the games at the end

I miss you all, those near, those far
I miss you all, wherever you are
I miss our time, the photos, the laughs
I miss it all, even the silly chants

Now I sit here, alone at my desk
Remembering it all, or trying my best
Wondering if, a taste we've had
Of heaven indeed, where hearts are glad

A poem of China 08 by Josh

(Best read aloud, slowly with cadence, pausing after each verse =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey..i miss the DUAN trip as well... lots of laughs and lots of happy teas..

Michelle

Anonymous said...

Where are the photos????
Let me see...

Michelle