Friday, February 29, 2008

A grain of sand falls...

It's amazing how fast time can fly... yet how slow it can seem... at the same time. I believe that when you leave a place, your memory of that which you left is frozen in your mind, and though you can conceptually understand that events continue to move on, in the "knowing" or experiencing part of your mind... life hasn't changed... you really do expect to go back to the home that you left behind, a photo taken of an entire reality. Or maybe that's just me.

Right now I've been here for over a quarter of a year. Obviously that is a substantial amount time, and I really do feel that I've been here for so long. I can barely visualize my life back in Melbourne... although my friends and family still loom large in my mind's eye. Nevertheless in relation to Melbourne, I feel that I haven't been gone more then a day, or a week at most. Surely things haven't changed as much as it seems in e-mails. It really does show that perception has a massive effect on many events and input.

In the end though, the hour glass continues to trickle, the sand continues to fall. Even moment bringing me closer to leaving HK, which saddens my heart, but also closer to going home, and that brings joy. I just wish that I knew what was meant to happen or failing that, what I should be wanting to do. There are many decisions to be made in the near future, almost all that will change my life.

No comments: