Tuesday, November 13, 2007

All a blur

So day 3… or is it 5?

Already the time is beginning to blur in my head. I swear I’ve been here at least 2 weeks, but really, if you but count back, I flew off less then 5 days ago… and really have only been in the country for 4. It’s amazing how time can fly when you’re doing stuff. It’s almost like when you’re on a missions trip. Where two weeks seems like a month or even 3. You can really get to know people over 2 weeks of 12 hours a day contact.

Anyway. I thought I’d blog a bit about my own personal feelings and thoughts at this present moment, and less on what I think about the people and place. Also some of the plans I have. Then, once more stuff starts happening, I’ll be writing a bit about events and stuff.

Well firstly I’m actually quite tired. I’m staying at Dan’s place, sleeping on his couch. While it’s not an uncomfortable make shift bed (soft yet firm… it’s good) my rather lengthy nature makes for a bit of a tight squeeze. A mattress would encounter the same issues and there is seriously NO space to put on out anyway. Also, I’m sleeping under a window. The curtains are… thin? Plus Geeta has to head out to work at her school really early, so that wakes me up a few hours earlier then I intend. I’m not complaining though, it’s just that I’m feeling a bit tired that’s all. Looking forward to getting my own place (which will solve all those problems). Until then, I’d appreciate prayers.

However that’s really the only negative thing that I can feel atm.

I’m excited for the future and looking forward to meeting more people as the weeks go on. There’s a new group that I will visit on Saturday, plus some dance teachers who are good friends of Dan and Geeta (henceforth D&G). Furthermore, I’ve seen enough of the church, youth and kids over here to get a real sense of the potential that exists over here. It’ll be awesome to see what God will do, especially as I learn to rely on him more and myself less.

I’m also looking forward to getting a camera and sharing with you guys the awesome pictures that I see everyday. Hong Kong is a beautiful city, even with the smog, and sharing that with you will be cool. That and my new phone ;) hehe

I’m feeling a lot of peace too, which is great. Over the past year, my vaunted “never stress” policy was made false a few times… maybe people stress as they do get older. However here, despite what is happening around me and the potential issues that I see, I have a real reassurance that it’s going to work out, it’s a mystery. I hope that doesn’t sound patronizing or arrogant or anything, but yeah I believe it’s God’s grace. The sea view helps too I reckon.

I AM stressed however by the technology that I’m dealing with. Might I point out, at this moment anyway, that I really dislike using MacBooks. Anyway.

Stay tuned for plans and pics as I go on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey Josh!

Blogs going good so far.
haha shame about the macs but hopefully you will be able to pick up a cheap laptop at some stage!

Can't wait to see some photos, sounds like HK is pretty cool.

Anyway take care,
Dave