Tuesday, November 27, 2007

My first sermon

Well a quick course of antibiotics can work wonders for an infected pinky. Lol. Yes my finger has returned to an unswollen state after some meds, though my arm is a bit slower in the recovery stakes.

Anyway, for those of you who have been following along carefully, I did indeed preach my first sermon on Sunday! I was very happy about it. To be honest I was a tad nervous, however I felt sure that God had given me a good message to start out with and so I had a lot of peace about it. I pretty much talked about my life, and the changes that occurred throughout. My three points were about God's plan, the gifts he's given us to fulfill that plan, and how he'll help us reach the goal when we've done all we can.

Now I thought I'd post a few pics, and a video, of the Youth room, just so you can get an idea of the size of our youth group. I didn't film while the kids were there, I'll do that some idea time, maybe when D goes on holiday and leaves me in charge for a few weeks. Tomorrow I'll try to post what my house is like.

My sermon went well, people said that I did really good and was very interesting. Several people (youth and adults) even told me what they got out of it. I personally think I did good, and that God really allowed me to speak the message he wanted me to. I might have done better in my practices, but hey.

Turns out the picture and video won't fly... oh well.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey brother, sounds like you're starting to find your feet. *thumbs up*

Keep running the good race. Looking forward to hearing what God is going to do through you.

Ruby said...

=).
i wanna see that video u took of ur new place...lol
i thought u can put videos on blogger?

Anonymous said...

Heh.. if I'd known you'd be updating so often, I woulda came here a lot sooner.. =P

But it sounds like everything's going well... so that's great!

Am continuing to pray for you.... oh and yes, I have been updating my blog every now and then... but it's not really that frequent anymore...

Off to Cambodia in a few days.. so I may not make it back here for a while.. but if I can, then I will.. =)

InteGR7 said...

All the best dude! May you have the same life changing encounters on your 1st trip as I did on mine :)

As for the video... it takes too long to upload. Also I'm gonna take a couple of them. So I'll use YouTube when I've gotten a table.

~michi~ said...

wheee =)

I wonder what you're like in sermon-giving mode... =D

I'm definitely starting to notice the lack of Josh at YA/church stuff... but I know you're having immense fun =)

Sam Leong said...

Good stuff mate!!

Only started reading today (and cos there's really nothing to do at work haha) ..... oh yes, I've got access to blogger from work!

Keep it up man - I knew you left in a hurry... I was like, "What? He just left on Thursday? - that sudden, huh?"

Anonymous said...

Pastor Josh! Glad to hear that your debut went well :) I want the sermon discussion notes hehehe! j/k

Nerves are normal... Ir was very nervous before his first one! Just remember not to talk too fast :) And its all about depending on God.

aich