Thursday, November 29, 2007

Massive Update

Just to warn you, this is liable to be a really long blog post, at least in terms of viewing time, not quite sure how long it’ll take to write.

Well firstly, videos. As I type these they are currently being uploaded to YouTube, but for some reason videos don’t seem to work. If it doesn’t, I’ll just take some pics of everything, but you’ll miss the “before” shot, showing what I started with. Oh well, maybe it’s for the best since I haven’t really done much.

So here you’ll see either a set of pictures or a video of my youth room. It’s really cool, with a modern décor, nice floor and cool chairs. The band area is off to the side as oppose to the front, for a variety of reasons, and there’s a small library and CD stack at the back. For size reference, it’s probably about the size of the stage of CLC, maybe wider, but not as long. The walls curve and it actually is quite cool.



Every Sunday we have “Sunday School” at 10 that goes till 11. Then we have our Worship service at 11:15 and that goes till 12:30 or 12:45… depending of what’s happening.

I’ve mentioned the youth a few times over the past few posts, and for the most part everything I’ve said before is accurate. They are an awesome bunch with great potential but they are very busy due to their massive commitments at school and to extra curricular stuff. I feel that to them, church is more of a duty rather then a joy, and I guess I can remember what that was like. In most ways they weren’t that much different then I was when I was younger. Hopefully they can grow in knowing God more each day, and I’ll have some small part to play with that.

Anyway, let’s move on.

Here’s a few pics, or a vid, of my new place. Hopefully you’ll get the “before” vid.



You’ll notice a lot of junk lying around, and it’s really not that big or that flash, but many of the places I was looking at were about half the size for almost the same price. Plus Hennessey road (or is it street, I don’t remember) is like right outside my house. It’s really just like living on Swanston Street, except there’s more places to shop in HK.

Anyway moving it was really funny. Like several of the mums in my church really helped out and pretty much all the smaller stuff you’re gonna see in the video (or pics) of my place after I’ve unpacked is free. Like all the stuff in the drying rack is from them. The cutlery set was the best, the handles are hollow and they hang from that metal from thing, which is great cause I don’t have any drawers.

So I bought a table, brought home some chairs from work (via a crowded subway (MTR) and like a 15 minute walk) and moved some stuff around. I’m getting a microwave (free, yay!) and also a rice cooker. I think I’ll put the microwave where the TV is atm, on top of the fridge.



Anyway, so here’s the vid of my place after everything has been like done, cept the micro. You can excuse my on the stop commentary, it was random. Also I don’t have a macbook pro, I have a macbook, my bad. And yes, my bathroom literally does have a towel hanging from the ceiling (to dry) but there’s no real change anyway, no it wasn’t dirty or anything.

As for everything else, hmm. My arm has healed completely, and my pinky has recovered. Living by myself is actually quite lonely, but it’s also good, don’t have to worry about interrupting other people, waking them up when I go to sleep and all that other jazz. I wouldn’t want to do it forever, but for the moment it’s good. That and the awesome location rocks. You know there’s a BB gun shop, a Sword shop and like 3 VCD shops like 30 meters from my place? *sigh, pity I A: can’t bring any of that back and B: can’t afford anything. Oh and it’s not illegal here, so I don’t feel bad = )

As for prayer needs, hmm. Well in general just really making an impact on these kids in whatever way. Also I’m getting this weird stabbing pains in my stomach when I stand up sometimes, but maybe I just need to eat slower. So general health and impact is all.

Oh and one last note, it seems that people in this city don’t do much laundry, ie many of them don’t have washing machines. You may have noticed that I didn’t either. So it seems that I get to dodge that bullet, which I was definitely not looking forward to.

Anyway, next I’ll tell you about 180, was going to, but my battery is dead.

4 comments:

Ruby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ruby said...

haha
nicee!
ur place looks much neater now!
:)

Anonymous said...

wOOt!!!! i'll sure be visiting end of december!! TIFF

Anonymous said...

Hey Josh!
Loved the vids, put a few more up, like "a day in the life" or something if you've got time!
place looks good too, BUT YOU"VE GOT THE BED THE WRONG WAY!! Don't you like constantly hit your head on the shelving when you wake up? much better to switch to the other way!