Friday, November 16, 2007

WhamPoa

It's actually pronounced Wham Po.

Anyway, I thought I'd share a few more photos of the apartment area and neighborhood. I uploaded the rest of the photos on Facebook if you wanna see.

So first up, the apartment area. It's really quite big... here's some shots to show you how GRAND a simple apartment estate (and there are a lot of them) is.




You'll see the sculptured gardens and statutes... the fountains and all the what not... it's so... grand. It's really quite cool when you first see it. However it's just one side of this city; the modern and grand side. For just 2 minutes away...



It's quite incredible... and so me in a way. The mixture of cultures that make up this fascinating city. I learned a new phrase the other day. 3rd culture kid. It refers to a child who doesn't share their parents culture... nor the culture of where they grow up... but rather have a 3rd culture. And it expands. I'm a 5th culture kid, cause my parents are multicultural (Chinese, English and Malaysian) and I've got Australian, a touch of the States and a good dose of Chinese. It's really quite cool.

Oh and check this out. I'm living on the docks yeah... and a boat fully plowed into the ground!



Haha just kidding! It's a mall that was built to look like a boat. This city has some strange ideas... but hey I'm pretty random too!

Anyway that's my spree of photos for the moment. Hopefully the next lot will be of my new place... which I have yet to find (and it's proving stubborn)

No comments: