Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas HappeningS! Part1

Well I've had a fairly massive Christmas weekend... which is interesting considering that I was a "Christmas Orphan" with really nothing to look forward too, barely 2 weeks ago. I wonder if God is trying to tell me something.

So Christmas Eve, I spent at Aunty M's and Uncle V's house. They are one of the oldest members of the church... and Uncle V is one of the elders... and so I was a tad nervous, because I thought it'd be just them + another young couple that I'd never met... you know... age issues, language... that sorta thing.

In the end though, I'm very happy that I decided to go. Two of the YA's from our church also came, both who I'm friends with, and the younger couple were barely in their 30's and from the States, so it was awesome fun! I did get grilled about my Charismatic beliefs, which was actually kinda interesting, and we even sang carols... oh and ate so much home cooked food... it really wasn't funny.

No pictures though, I forgot to pull out my camera (which I do alot) and so yeah... sorry.

Then Christmas Day... was invited to a house party, hosted by one of the 180 crew. The Host (Who's first name shares a lot in common with my friends back home and thus will not be given a pseudo-name cause it'll get confusing) had an amazing house and we had turkey, "cranberry sauce" (raspberry Jam works as a good substitute) and Asian veggies! Talk about fusion! There were cakes, chocolates and even jelly beans too! Here are some of the pics.

Firstly, pic of me lending a hand!



This is the crew, the Host is the guy on red on the right



A shot of the food we had...



All the guys helping to cook... and one girl I guess :P... how similar to Australia ;) haha



On the balcony playing massively fast Uno!



The Jelly Beans! The girl in the photo brought them :)



Then we went out to a park afterwards... the biggest in HK... which is about the size of... CLCs carpark?? Lol This is what I got up to.




There were many MANY other... more... unpostable... things that happened... but yes, none of which I was involved in =) Serious!. After we got bored of being 16 again, we headed over to a bar.



Then I suddenly realized that I had tuition to give in the morning the next day, and had to dash off home.

So that was my Christmas Eve and Christmas Day!

I'll post up more pics of the Christmas Dinner on Facebook.

No comments: