Friday, December 7, 2007

Ignite

Well I've just got home from yet another youth group (why are there so many in HK I wonder) called, of all things, Ignite. (In case you wonder why that's so strange, it's the name of one of my old group's corporate events).

Anyway, it's a youth run and lead group... which is quite cool and very in tune with the me who rebels against authority and believes that youth should rule that world etc etc. However I've noticed that they need some form of training, for their structure has changed a lot in the past 6 months, and they are moving a cell based meeting... but they don't have any idea how to do cells. I really feel God wants me to give what small aid I can (considering that I am an Intern for a different church) and lend this group some of my experience when it comes to Cells and stuff. (Will keep you posted).

It's funny though, I was thinking about CLC, and you realize, with Encounter/LG, Kids Church, Church, the occasional leaders meeting and for those with BSF on Mondays... a whole lot of us Young Adults and Youth Leaders can spend a LOT of our weekends and evenings at church. Yet here, I'm about to become involved two OTHER ministries, apart from HKMBC, and I'm still spending less time in "church" (out of the office of course) then in Australia. Lol, it just makes me think. CLC is seriously a rarity in the church world... but I think it's growth, size and impact is directly related to the amount of volunteering that goes on. Of course they say that every leader's meeting, but it takes a while before you really understand it, and not take the spirit of our church for granted.

Anyway, hope everyone's having a blast in Australia. HK is still just as interesting as last week :P. Will be heading up to "the peak" tomorrow, so will post up some great pics soon. Of course my grinning face isn't the most photogenic, but yeah, we'll see how it goes, if you're lucky, you just MIGHT get a decent photo of me ;).

1 comment:

~michi~ said...

*grin* take enough photos and one of them is bound to come out good!