Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas Orphan

Lol, what a term! Man, I never thought about it that way... but yes... I think that for the first time in my life, I'm without a place to go for Christmas... Lol, it's not THAT big a deal... no need to go "awww" :P It's one day people.

So yes, I'm still recovering from my cold and cough, still hacking up the green stuff, which hurts, but apart from that my heads a lot clearer, so I can at least think and prepare my sermon, would have been bad if I had been sick until Saturday.

Anyway, apart from my whining, (and man you guys are getting rain in Melbourne!) I've been thinking about stuff... about the possibilities of me staying here longer. I'm not saying I will, not saying I won't... but it is something to consider... so I drew up a quick list of pros and cons of staying here.

Pros:

- Challenging and exciting work
- More opportunities

Cons:

- Pollution and potentially getting sick a lot
- Living by myself

But then I got to thinking... you know really the reason I came out here was God's call on my life. So it all sorta depends where he leads... I mean there are plenty of opportunities in Australia, and that would lead to exciting work. Over here, I'm sure I could find a roommate, and eventually my immune system will beat this pollution (I hope) and there are many other things to consider too. I could be a teacher out here, or a school chaplain, or a full time minister. Or I could go to the States and work out there. The possibilities are really endless at this point.

So my point? I don't know... I'm just randomly blogging quickly in the morning. I at least know what I'll be doing for the next 10 months... but after that, my life is "a blank black fog, where anything could happen and possibly will. All I need is God to shine a light, and blast a tunnel through the darkness, creating a path on which I will tread." - Josh, yesterday "Light up the Darkness" - Will Smith, I Am Legend (A most depressing movie for me... see if you can see why)

The other thing I have been thinking about is how the heck I'm going to A: make any friends and B: get married if I travel around so much. Lol. But don't worry, I'm still much too young to be considering this sorta thing... I only turn 22 in a month... though that IS beginning to sound old. No offense to those of you who are older then me ;)

2 comments:

Ruby said...

OMGGG NATIONAL TREASURE WAS SOOO GOOD!
U HAV TO WATCH IT!!!!!!!
=D

and...christmas orphan sounds so depressing :( lol

Anonymous said...

Keep your spirits up and the better times are just round the corner.