Tuesday, December 4, 2007

On my own

Following on from my post about wanting to hear what's happening at home... I thought I'd give a bit of an insight into how I feel about living on my own.

Well to be honest... in someways it's really cool... in other ways... not so much.

For example, I forgot who warned me about this... but cooking for one REALLY sucks. See I thought I'd be alright, because in Australia I cooked lunch for myself every day right? However I forgot to factor in one very important fact (which was rather stupid of me) ... there are no left overs. So if I wanna fry rice... gotta boil it, THEN refrigerate it... and have it the next day (and the lack of rice cooker/some implements and like ALL my spices sucks too). I mean I can do it... it's just not as easy... and it's not as fun without people to appreciate my awesome skills (hehe jk jk)

Also it's fairly lonely. Like that's gonna change now that I have internet (go skype me!)... but for those of you who don't know... I'm a bit of an extrovert, meaning I gain my energy and exuberance in life from other people (Mauahaha I'm a vampire... I vant to ... anyway). However yes... those are the two major down sides. I don't mind the cleaning/laundry/looking after the place... thats actually sorta easy.

The good points are of course the freedom. No need to worry about waking my parents up, about the car (although I don't have one here). No need to stress about what other people think about my living style (which is actually a lot neater with a smaller place lol) and yeah. Way less stress.

Well the good thing is that I'm starting to make friends. As I've mentioned, often my youth are a bit busy, so can't hang out with them as much... but I've managed to find a group called one eighty (henceforth written 180) and they are SO cool. Ok, it's sorta like young adults.. well infact it's SO much like Oxygen, it really reminds me of home. The stage is even almost the same size... although the group is slightly smaller. The people are really friendly and I've already made some new friends who have taken me around HK and thank goodness... they speak canto. Lol. The vibe is similar... tho I obviously know less people... haha.

Pretty much 180 is a whole lot of the native English speaking Christians who are my age in HK... so it's pretty big (about 100) and they all have such cool accents... mostly Canadians... but yeah pretty much from everywhere. They are so out of the box too (I mean one guy bought a boat and is renovating it to live there, they all have international backgrounds and yeah) and the YA pastor is a cross between Dan and David Cheah... crazy, funny, asian, wise yet also really kid like... but not that buff :P He's also a really awesome speaker.

So yeah... even with my rather limited faith in the miraculous... it's all too much to be a coincidence... it's really awesome.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have skype? What's your username?

~Andria

InteGR7 said...

*sigh... it's on my facebook andria... but it's the same username as all my other usernames;)

Anonymous said...

hahaha... Andria's a funny one, ain't she? I like her =D

Yesh... I haven't been emailing you much, have I... turns out I was super busy all weekend...

ergh...