Saturday, December 15, 2007

Pace

You know, when I came out here, people were always telling me... "Josh, you're gonna get blown away by the pace here." "Josh, everythings so BUSY here..." "Josh, Melbourne will seem likes its underwater when you get to HK."

Well now I'm here... and I'll let you into a little secret. The pace IS faster then Australia. People cross on red lights, walk fast, push past people, DIVE into packed trains... but you know what? My pace is actually faster. I walk faster then most people... cross more red lights, WEAVE between people (less contact = more speed) tho I don't push into trains.. I like my cool air. And you know... if my pace is faster... by implication that should mean a lot of my friends back home have a faster pace too.

Admittedly the workload and other stuff is greater here. Longer hours, but less fun. Even so, I think that a lot of my friends anyway, have pretty action packed lives. I mean M makes my walking speeds look slow lol. N's never not busy... and Al always seems to be with friends :P. I personally have something on every night, and lots of things to do at home if I happen to catch a night free :P.

Apart from that, I do like the speed here... and ignoring traffic rules is pretty nifty too. I haven't been hit yet, tho come close a few times... so I'll probably keep disobeying the lights until I get a massive fine and 10 demerit points. Oh well, thems the breaks. The public transport is SO awesome here... and if it was like this back home, there would be enough volume to actually justify having such a system :P hehe.

I just got back from the 180 Christmas Dinner, but I'll write about it later, and I only took like 3 pics. Haha

No comments: